Monday 26 October 2015

The last time I had any interaction with learning all about the custom jewelry design process I was 12 years old, we were at summer camp and our materials with leather straps and sea shells. Since then, the thought of custom jewelry design never really crossed my mind. I don’t buy a lot of jewelry in the first place, I don’t think I’m the most creative person in general so I wouldn’t be too hot at creating custom design jewelry and if weren’t leather and shells, then it would be diamonds and pearls, all of which sounded far too expensive for my tastes.




It was actually while visiting my son’s middle school that I first heard about jewelry design again. He was enrolled in a computer lab that focused on computer aided design. His teacher was listing off a range of services that computers provided, and he caught my attention when he said custom jewelry design. I didn’t interrupt him at the time but later when the tour was over, I asked him, just to be sure I had heard him right.

He said that it was because of computers that custom design jewelry had made such a comeback. Instead of having to build models of the custom jewelry, which took time and cost money, an artisan could create a 3-D model in just a matter of minutes. Once the design was done and it was clear the piece could actually be made, the artisan would get started. In the end, all of the advances of computer aided design in the world of custom jewelry design has made it almost as affordable as regular mass produced jewelry.

I kept thinking all about the custom jewelry design process for a while, not really sure why it kept coming back to me, when one of my nephews told me over lunch that he was thinking about proposing to his girlfriend and was having a hard time deciding on the type of ring he should get. I mentioned custom jewelry design and when he said he had never heard of the process before, I just smiled and said, “Well, let your Aunt tell you all about it.” By the time lunch was over, he decided that the engagement ring was going to be one he designed specifically for his girlfriend.

For more information visit  - http://www.luisagraffjewelers.com/page/custom-design.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment