Monday 24 June 2013

Pendants - Versatility

I’m a pendant.  I’ve been around forever.  In 300 BC, the Greeks started making colored jewels using gemstones and pearls.  They strung these on a piece of string and thus I…the pendant…was born. 

I’m pretty versatile.  I mean, you can pretty much create any sort of shape and make a pendant.  Animal pendants are very popular in many cultures. Cat were pretty sacred to the Eqyptians so there are many ancient pendants of cats that have great value.  Another popular pendant is the cross of Jesus Christ.  The Cross can symbolize Christianity but did you also know it was an Egyptian symbol for life? 


The beauty of what I am is that not only can I hang beautifully on a chain, I can also be pinned to your shirt or blouse in the form of a brooch.  I am versatile…I think I told you that already, but I just want to make it crystal clear.  And you know what else?  I can do earrings too.  A pendant earring is an earring with a piece hanging down. Often there are matching earrings and necklace sets of me. 

Last but certainly not least, I can be used as an award.  The Scouts of America have various pendants that can be earned or awarded.  Fraternities and sororities may often have a pendant with their insignia engraved on it. 

Consider me, the Pendant, for your bedazzlement needs. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment